Position: ESL Instructor
Organization: Baghdad Business School (BBS)
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Baghdad Business School (BBS) is a one-year “education to employment” program in the English Language, Professional Skills, and Business Fundamentals that prepare Iraqi youth to work in the private sector. BBS is a nonprofit entity and maintains high standards of quality and integrity.
BBS is hiring an English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor based in Baghdad.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years teaching English.
- Committed to education, youth engagement, and employment programming.
- Self-motivated, and highly proactive.
- Prepare lesson plans according to the school syllabus.
- Complete administrative tasks as defined and by set deadlines.
- Design, administer, and evaluate a range of assessments as appropriate.
- Create a supportive and positive classroom environment.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades.
- Collaborate with educational staff to provide a positive learning experience to students.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organization.
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Having classroom management skills for online and face-to-face teaching.
- Ability to motivate others.
Duration & Contract
The contract for this position will be for a period of 3 months (October 2021 – January 2022). The contract will be extendable to the second semester pending performance in the first semester.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
How to apply?
To apply, send a CV and cover letter no longer than one page explaining your interest and relevant background to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We will only respond to the candidates who successfully reach the interview stage.