Position: Project Assistant
Organization: Baghdad Business School (BBS)
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Baghdad Business School (BBS) is a one year “education to employment” program in English Language, Professional Skills and Business Fundamentals that prepares Iraqi youth to work in the private sector. BBS’s first class started in October 2020 and will graduate in September 2021. BBS is a nonprofit entity, and maintains high standards of quality and integrity.
BBS is hiring a project assistant to work with the project manager on a variety of administrative and academic operations, and reporting directly to the project manager.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, and commitment to improving the education sector in the country, employment opportunities for Iraqi youth, and to developing and initiating innovative new schemes to assist Iraqis advance in various sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in English (Intermediate).
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Softwares; mainly Word and Excel.
- 1+ years professional work experience.
- Knowledge of the private sector landscape in Iraq.
- Passionate about education, youth engagement and employment programming.
- Experience in project implementation is desirable.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and assignments at once.
- Self-motivated, and highly proactive.
- Ability to solve problems, solution oriented.
The project assistant will work with the project manager to ensure successful implementation of all aspects of BBS. Primary tasks include but are not limited to, assisting the project manager with:
- Day to day administrative tasks.
- Maintaining proper financial records working with the accountant.
- Implementing the admissions campaign.
- Implementing the marketing campaign.
- Planning all school events.
- Liaising with students and faculty about academic programs.
Please note that BBS is a startup, and therefore everyone does everything, so many tasks that might come up may not be on this list. We are a dynamic, fast paced environment, and we promise you will never be bored!
Duration & Contract
The contract for this position will be for a period of 9 months (for the year 2021), and the contract will be extendable.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
How to apply?
To apply, send a CV and cover letter no longer than one page explaining your interest and relevant background to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We will only respond to the candidates who successfully reach the interview stage.